Sailboat Rigging Tips
- Tuning your sailboats rigging is an important step in maintaining your vessel.
- Stays and chain-plates should be inspected for corrosion and wear.
- Proper tension on stays and spars spreads out the loads when under sail on the vessels rigging.
- Make sure all turnbuckles are adjusted properly and secured.
- Replace any wire cables that show wear, corrosion or broken strands.
- Inspect stay attachment points for corrosion or wear.
- During a haul-out inspect the upper rigging, while the vessel is well secured.
- If your sail boat is over ten years old, make sure the rigging and stays are checked for any damage or wear.