- Hauling the vessel allows the surveyor access to the lower hull, through hull fittings, and related propulsion machinery.
- Coordinating the haul out time, location, and vessel specific requirements, will help to make the process less time consuming.
- Good communication between all involved parties, is important when scheduling with the Yard, or Marina.
- Any special hull support requirements should be stated to everyone involved, before lifting the vessel.
- Special support requirements are: Type of keel, Type of propulsion, Shaft arrangement, Stabilizer or Keel Cooler location.
- Hauling a vessel is an important step in a correct evaluation of the vessel, and it’s related propulsion systems & fittings.
- Hauling the vessel allows the surveyor to check for any hull damage, propulsion system damage, or corrosion damage.
Both vessel’s have anti-fouling bottom paint, are well supported & ready for inspection.